Re: [O] Bug: ODT export fails if NAME: and ref: equation [9.1.14 (9.1.14

From: Ken Mankoff
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: ODT export fails if NAME: and ref: equation [9.1.14 (9.1.14-1-g4931fc-elpa @ /home/kdm/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180910/)]
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2018 16:31:00 -0800

On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 9:26 AM Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:

I know. I can reproduce your problem. But I know nothing about ODT, so
it would help if you could tell me what should be the desired output. At
the moment, referencing anything else than a headline or a target is
unsupported in this back-end, AFAICT.

Hi Nicolas,

I'd like to see a reference of some sort to the equation. The text should read "See (1)" or "See Equation (1)". BUT, perhaps this bug, like most, was operator error on my part.

Without setting up MathML the equation exported as raw LaTeX into the ODT file. This was fine for me. I saw:

\begin{equation}
42
\end{equation}
 I think that ODT does not view this as an actual equation, so the [[eq:foo]] label could not be resolved.

Thanks to the hint from Robert Pluim I have it working now. Unlike his solution, setting `org-latex-mathml-convert-command` did not solve it for me, but properly setting `org-latex-to-mathml-convert-command` as per https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/org/Working-with-LaTeX-math-snippets.html#Working-with-LaTeX-math-snippets did work for me. Now the equation appears properly formatted, not as LaTeX, *and* the reference works.

Thank you (and Robert) for your help with this,

   -k.