Re: [O] [feature] Handle recurrence in <> and [] dates

From: Leo Gaspard
Subject: Re: [O] [feature] Handle recurrence in <> and [] dates
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2018 23:36:08 +0900

Hi Julius,

Julius Dittmar <address@hidden> writes:
> if you want a task to re-open at a later date upon closing, add a line of
> :REPEAT_TO_STATE: TODO
> to the PROPERTIES drawer of that task.

Well, I guess I stated my problem poorly, sorry :)

Here is a translated example task from my .org file:

*** TODO Check bank report
    SCHEDULED: <2000-02-10 Thu +1m>

    Dated [2000-01-01 Sat +1m]

The point of this “Dated” field being to tell me to which report I
should be looking, given I sometimes am a month late or so in checking
my reports, and just put them in the (physical) drawer as I receive
them.

This “Dated” field is exactly what I would like to see updated when I
mark the task as done (like the SCHEDULED date), but it looks like it
doesn't move.

Is there a trick to do this?

Cheers,
  Leo