Re: [O] [BUG] src_blocks - :wrap blocks not being overwritten

From: Berry, Charles
Subject: Re: [O] [BUG] src_blocks - :wrap blocks not being overwritten
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2018 15:24:46 +0000

> On Oct 30, 2018, at 3:35 AM, Carlos García <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Hi Chuck,
>
> Thanks for looking into this. How difficult/desirable would it be to create
> another block such as "wrap-block" for those blocks created with ":wrap"?

A `special-block' is a syntactic element. A `wrap-block' is not.

> That way, the needed change would be rather elegant:
>
> :line 2478 of ob-core.el:
> | ;; Possible results types.
> |                  '(drawer example-block export-block fixed-width item
> |                           plain-list src-block table wrap-block)
>
> What would the repercussions be if `special-block' is added to the list?

Few, I think. But except for those special-blocks that have defined actions
they would be ignored upon export.

the `results' special-block would be ignored, IIUC.

I suspect what you want is a `drawer', which encloses results without further
consequences that example blocks or export blocks impose.

HTH,

Chuck