Re: [O] letterhead and signature in odt export

From: Matt Price
Subject: Re: [O] letterhead and signature in odt export
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2018 08:34:30 -0400

On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 2:54 AM Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tuesday, 30 Oct 2018 at 01:55, Matt Price wrote:
> in North America it's letter-of-reference season for professors, and I am
> writing a lot of them.

I sympathise fully :)

> These are some of the only documents I still compose in libreoffice,
> because I need to use a letterhead that contains both image and text,
> and I need to insert a .png of my signature near the bottom.  I would
> much prefer to compose these letter in org and them export. In order
> to so I would need to preserve the letterhead and the signature
> somehow.

The documentation for odt export suggests that you can specify a style
file.  If you create this file in libreoffice with your letterhead &
image, it should work.  I've not tested this, mind you.

I use LaTeX, specifically the komascript letter style, but it does
require LaTeX knowledge to create the basic template.

If you have a template, I'd appreciate seeing it! I had hoped maybe I could add a filter for these xml fragments, but I don't see wwhich filter would be relevant!

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.1.13-783-g97fac4