[O] agenda view help - viewing all time entries for a tag

From: Jeff Filipovits
Subject: [O] agenda view help - viewing all time entries for a tag
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2018 08:55:24 -0400

Say I have a calendar file which is in the following format:

* description of deadline    :client1:
DEADLINE: <2018-10-28 Tue>

* a meeting :client1:
<2018-11-1 Thu 10:00>

 I would like to be able to view all headlines and time entries associated with a particular tag, and to have that information visible in an agenda buffer, and for the entries to appear in chronological order along with the associated dates

If I do C-c a m [tag], the dates do not appear

Seems the best I can do to get dates associated with the headline and appear in chronological order is C-c a a, then filter by tag, then M-x org-agenda-year-view. This is ugly and slow. Say I filter for :client1: and put into year view, it looks something like:

Tuesday 30 October 2018
   Deadline: description of deadline :client1:
Wednesday 31 October 2018 [unnecessary date with no entry -- why is this here?]
Thursday 1 November 2018
   10:00....... a meeting :client1:

Is there something obvious I am missing? I just want something like the above command, but without all of the dates shown that fall between time entries. This way I can get a view of all deadlines associated with a client, where those deadlines may exist months or even a year+ in advance (i.e., I don't want to be limited to a year view).

Hope this makes sense. I am an orgmode newb. Was very excited at first but the learning curve is really starting to hit me lately. It seems like this should be relatively easy to accomplish.