Re: [O] org-babel-execute:go crashes on Mac

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: [O] org-babel-execute:go crashes on Mac
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2018 21:07:51 +0100

Mario Martelli <address@hidden> writes:

> Thank you for your answer.
>
>> If you haven't already, I suggest checking that there isn't a difference in
>> your Go setup, by working out the "go run ..." command that is being run
>> below, and running that manually yourself.
>
> My first assumption was - to be honest, still is - that the "go run …” is not
> executed at all because the call to “go run …”  is within an illegal elisp
> function. Am I wrong with my assumption?
>
> Kind regards
> Mario
>
> P.S. Would have no idea how to work out what the outcome of the function is ;)

Perhaps I misunderstood the error message, but I thought perhaps it was
about code trying to represent the _result_ of the execution as an elisp
function.  But it is very difficult to tell!

I guess if I had this on my system (which I can't because I don't run on
a Mac), I'd use 'edebug-defun' on some of the functions involved in the
error message, in order to start understanding whether they are actually
being executed.

Best wishes,
   Neil