Re: [O] no more tikz -> png génération during HTML export

From: Éric Würbel
Subject: Re: [O] no more tikz -> png génération during HTML export
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 11:46:39 +0200

Le 16/10/2018 à 09:18 GMT, Eric S Fraga a dit:

> On Tuesday, 16 Oct 2018 at 10:04, Éric Würbel wrote:
>> Hello list,
>>
>> I finally tracked down the problem. It is not related to my use of
>> latexmk. It is an Imagemagick problem. The version installed by xubuntu
>> 18.04 has a restrictive policy on pdf files. I tweaked the
>> '/etc/ImageMagick-6/policy.xml' file which contains the following policy
>> restriction :
>
> Wow!  Well done in tracking this down.  Why would ubuntu do this?  The
> Debian release does not have the restriction.  It might be worth adding
> a note to the manual, although I am not entirely sure where because this
> whole aspect of LaTeX fragments and how they are converted is spread
> over several sections and footnotes.

You're welcome !

I think that this problem is very specific to the following case :
- LaTeX SRC block
- needed translation of this block into a png (and perhaps svg) image
- preprocessing with pdflatex, so we end up with a pdf->png conversion.

IMO we should perhaps add a warning in this worg page :
https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages/ob-doc-LaTeX.html

Except if anyone identify another use case which can lead to the same
problem.

E.
--
Éric Würbel