Re: [O] An Org-based productivity tool

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: [O] An Org-based productivity tool
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2018 22:10:02 +0200

On 2018-10-10, at 18:50, William Denton <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 10 October 2018, Marcin Borkowski wrote:
>
>> I am making an Org-mode-based tool to help boost my productivity.
>> - is anyone interested in something like this?
>
> I am---I'd love to see what you come up with.  I'm doing something
> similar, but much less fancy, with clock tables and some R:
>
> https://www.miskatonic.org/2017/11/16/clocktableii/
>
> I need to do one more post about that to wrap it up.  It's working
> well for me, but warnings about not being clocked in to something, and
> better understanding of what I'm doing based on headings or tags,
> would be useful.

Thanks for your kind words!

It's not that fancy (yet?), but has one big advantage over clock tables:
it updates dynamically (using org-clock-out-hook), so it's fast.  Also,
as you could see, it does some simple calculations.

And for the record: it's based on properties, not tags - but that is
a minor issue.

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski