Re: [O] Problems producing TikZ PNGs from LaTeX src blocks

From: Christian Moe
Subject: Re: [O] Problems producing TikZ PNGs from LaTeX src blocks
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2018 20:56:10 +0200

Eric S Fraga writes:

> On Friday, 28 Sep 2018 at 16:37, Christian Moe wrote:
>> Hi, Eric
>>
>> Thanks for looking into this.

>> executing Latex code block...
>> Code block evaluation complete.
>>
>> Nothing obvious here that I can see.
>
> Well, for some reason my case outputs that extra line about shell command
> succeeding...

Yes, that may be where the problem lies. I also have a problem
outputting PDFs instead of PNGs with the same setup (just changing .png
extension to .pdf). This gives me a message that the file wasn't
produced, but in fact a PDF with the correct image is produced --
however, it has a temporary file name, not the one I assigned to it.

> Have you tried with emacs -Q to make sure it's not a configuration error?

I should probably try this with a minimal init file (need one loading latex as a
babel language and probably a few other things). Didn't get around to that.

> I do have
>
>   (add-to-list 'org-latex-packages-alist '("" "tikz"))
>
> in my configuration so maybe that's the key even though you are specifying
> that this package should be included in the babel header spec.

I have tried this without success. Also tried adding the LATEX_HEADERS
keyword to the document. Doesn't solve the problem, but changes the
output from an image of the code to an empty image.

Yours,
Christian