Re: [O] can capture create search links?

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: [O] can capture create search links?
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2018 15:42:59 -0700

hi j,

thanks for commenting.

i use org-id extensively.

however, if i am just capturing a note on an org entry that does not
already have an org-id, i want the link so that i have context for
what i am talking about, but i do not want to create an org-id.

org-id for this purpose would clutter org too much, as it would create
an org-id for every tiny little teensy org entry.

that is why i want %a [or something similar] to create a search link
for the header text, which searches all agenda files and text search
extra files [not just the current file].

that would give me the context i need, with a mostly-unbreakable link
[i don't need perfection in this case], that tells me where i was when
i made the note.

although i use org-id extensively, i don't want to use org-id for this.

samuel