Re: [O] Feature proposal: Triple square brackets to create a link to a f

From: ST
Subject: Re: [O] Feature proposal: Triple square brackets to create a link to a file AND include the file
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2018 17:08:41 +0300

> > What do you mean by "inlined"?
>
> Roughly, I mean "located within a paragraph".
>
> > During an export such a link
> > [[[dir/file]]] should be replaced with the content of the "file", and
> > the link itself disappear. But in the source .org file it is just
> > shorter/cleaner way to write
> >
> > #+INCLUDE: "dir/file"
>
> This is different. It is easier to insert text at column 0 than at
> a random position in a line. You cannot do the latter in Org.

Aaa... I see. Actually I don't need it to be in the middle, only at
column 0.

> > and be able to click the link to open the file in a separate buffer.
>
> This is already possible.

Starting with which version of Org? I have 8.2.10 and it doesn't seem to
work there...

> > Why shouldn't it be possible to achieve just the same by ALSO clicking
> > on the URI? If you use .org files as a wiki - this feature is quite
> > useful.
>
> Why do you need something else if there is already a way to do what you
> want? I'm not a big fan of extending syntax gratuitously.

Well, triple square brackets is shorter and cleaner for wiki purposes...
I don't mind it to be able to include files only at column 0, it's
totally OK.

Regards.