[O] orgalist & variable binding depth

From: Matt Price
Subject: [O] orgalist & variable binding depth
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2018 08:40:20 -0400

I've just started enabling orgalist in message-mode, and it's awesome. However, I'm getting very frequent variable binding depth errors, possibly because of conflicts with other packages. When orgalist is turned off, all the errors go away. When it's turned on, my *Messages* buffer starts to look like this:

----------
forward-paragraph: Variable binding depth exceeds max-specpdl-size [4 times]
back-to-indentation: Variable binding depth exceeds max-specpdl-size
yas--auto-fill: Variable binding depth exceeds max-specpdl-size [3 times]
orgalist--auto-fill: Variable binding depth exceeds max-specpdl-size [12 times]
----------

The message buffer is in mu4e-compose mode, which is a derived mode from message mode.  The minor modes enabled are:

Enabled minor modes: Abbrev Anzu Async-Bytecomp-Package
Auto-Composition Auto-Compression Auto-Encryption Auto-Fill
Beginend-Global Beginend-Message Column-Number Csv-Field-Index
Delete-Selection Desktop-Save Diff-Auto-Refine Dubcaps Editorconfig
Electric-Indent File-Name-Shadow Flycheck Flyspell Font-Lock
Global-Anzu Global-Auto-Complete Global-Auto-Revert Global-Eldoc
Global-Flycheck Global-Font-Lock Global-Git-Commit Global-Magit-File
Global-Subword Global-Undo-Tree Guide-Key Helm Helm-Autoresize
Iswitchb Line-Number Magit-Auto-Revert Menu-Bar Mml Mouse-Wheel Narrow
Override-Global Pdf-Occur-Global Persistent-Scratch-Autosave
Project-Persist Projectile Recentf Save-Place Savehist Shell-Dirtrack
Show-Paren Subword Transient-Mark Undo-Tree Visual-Line Which-Function
Winner Yas Yas-Global

maybe some of theseshould be turned off! my init files are a bit of a mess aright now.  Anyway, any thoughts on how I might start debugging; and also are other people seeing the same issue?