Re: [O] A strange problem with org-babel and SQLite

From: Cecil Westerhof
Subject: Re: [O] A strange problem with org-babel and SQLite
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2018 02:19:47 +0200

Hi Cecil,

On Sat, 1 Sep 2018 11:12:57 +0200
Cecil Westerhof <address@hidden> wrote:

> > > Yes, in sqlite3 and sqlitebrowser it works without problems.
> > > In org-babel even 'SELECT *' goes wrong.
> > >

> > I can't reproduce the issue, it works for me.  What are your
> > org-mode and Emacs versions?
> >

> GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.11) of
> 2017-09-15, modified by Debian
> Org-mode version 8.2.10 (release_8.2.10
> @ /usr/share/emacs/25.1/lisp/org/)
>

> > Can you provide an ECM (Example, complete, minimal) org-mode setup /
> > Emacs initialization file?
> >

> (add-hook 'org-babel-after-execute-hook 'bh/display-inline-images
> 'append)
>
> ; Make babel results blocks lowercase
> (setq org-babel-results-keyword "results")
>
> (defun bh/display-inline-images ()
>   (condition-case nil
>       (org-display-inline-images)
>     (error nil)))
>
> (org-babel-do-load-languages
>  (quote org-babel-load-languages)
>  (quote ((emacs-lisp . t)
>          (sqlite . t)
>          (dot . t)
>          (ditaa . t)
>          (R . t)
>          (python . t)
>          (ruby . t)
>          (gnuplot . t)
>          (clojure . t)
>          (sh . t)
>          (ledger . t)
>          (org . t)
>          (plantuml . t)
>          (latex . t))))
>
> ; Do not prompt to confirm evaluation
> ; This may be dangerous - make sure you understand the consequences
> ; of setting this -- see the docstring for details
> (setq org-confirm-babel-evaluate nil)
>
> ; Use fundamental mode when editing plantuml blocks with C-c '
> (add-to-list 'org-src-lang-modes (quote ("plantuml" . fundamental)))
>
> Is this what you need, or do you need more?

sorry, I still can't reproduce the issue, even using the same stock
Emacs and org-mode from Debian 9 as you do.

Could you _attach_ the emacs init file and the org-mode file which
shows the issue?  (so I can simply start “emacs -Q -l sqlite.emacs
sqlite.org” and then press C-c C-c inside the sqlite code to see the
issue?

My emacs init has grown over the years and it includes a lot of others. I should try to create

a clean one.

I think I am almost there. Is it possible to create a memory database with org-babel instead of a file based

one. That would make more transparent I think.

--
Cecil Westerhof

--
Cecil Westerhof