Re: [O] Suspected bug with LaTeX export: the pdf does not open

From: Alain . Cochard
Subject: Re: [O] Suspected bug with LaTeX export: the pdf does not open
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2018 18:27:08 +0200

Nick Dokos writes on Mon 20 Aug 2018 11:50:

 > [...] you have security problems: the current Fedora is 28, Fedora
 > 26 is either end-of-life already or about to be shortly, and Fedora
 > 23 is obsolete and possibly dangerous. Please consider upgrading.

Thanks.  Yes, 23 is obsolete.  But what do you mean "possibly
dangerous"?  What are the risks?

In addition to the unexpected problems that regularly occur (to me
anyway) at each distribution change and which take time to fix, I know
-- considering the latest emacs version -- that I have a high risk of
facing a dreadful problem for me (coupling Xfce workspaces and emacs
'other-frame') that I don't even know how to fix.  So generally I
"upgrade" when I change my computer.  That would be different if there
existed an easy and robust way to downgrade...

Regards

--
EOST (École et Observatoire des Sciences de la Terre)
IPG (Institut de Physique du Globe) | address@hidden