[O] Org src blocks and multiline macros

From: Jarmo Hurri
Subject: [O] Org src blocks and multiline macros
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2018 09:33:33 +0300

Greetings.

I am once again facing a situation where I would like to define a
multiline org macro. If my memory is not failing me (it might well be),
this is not possible.

So this lead me to consider the use of Org source blocks in Babel. Which
might well be a discussion I have had here before, see the reference to
the state of my memory above.

1. Is it now possible to pass variables to these blocks?

2. If not, could we have this feature? This would give us immediate
   multiline macros in the following style, where referring to the value
   of the variable could be done macro-style.

#+HEADER: :var val1=foo
#+BEGIN_SRC org :var val2=" bar"
  Currently this gives me nothing but {{{val1}}}{{{val2}}}.

  This property would really help me structure some org documents in a
  sensible way when common parts can be reused.
#+END_SRC

Jarmo