[O] babel properties and inheritance

From: Ken Mankoff
Subject: [O] babel properties and inheritance
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 07:13:40 -0400

Hi Org List,

I'm confused about the inheritance behavior of babel properties.

>From the MWE below, I'd expect :tangle to take effect at the heading level (it
>does), but :tangle-mode and :comments to apply to the whole file. They do not
>have any effect. It doesn't seem to matter if I turn on or off
>org-use-property-inheritance. In either case, :comments are not tangled, and
>the file mode is not 755.

  -k.

MWE ======================================================

#+PROPERTY: header-args: :tangle debug.sh :tangle-mode (identity #o755)
:comments org

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :tangle no
;; (setq org-use-property-inheritance t)
;; (setq org-use-property-inheritance nil)
(org-version nil t)
#+END_SRC
#+RESULTS:
: Org mode version 9.1.13 (9.1.13-elpa @ /Users/kdm/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20180709/)