Re: [O] How to move up/down a headline but not the subtree?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] How to move up/down a headline but not the subtree?
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2018 12:50:43 +0200

Hello,

address@hidden writes:

> I am also interested in knowing if there are specific (deep?) reasons
> why this seemingly basic operation, which I see as the analogous of
> org-do-promote/demote and perform very often with standard (but
> tedious) emacs editing commands, is not already implemented.

Yes, this is not a "basic" operation: it breaks the structure of the
document. Org helps you maintain it and organize it, this would be going
the opposite way.

There are ways to do this, and you can even automate them with
a keyboard macro or a function.

> [fn:1] I am surprised I can't find it in the manual -- I find it
> extremely useful.

Documentation patches are always welcome. The hardest part would be to
find an appropriate location for this. Maybe Miscellaneous.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou