Re: [O] globbing file links

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] globbing file links
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2018 07:19:59 -0700

This could be useful. Here is something close. It does not use
dired-virtual. I couldn't figure out how to generate the ls -lR like
listing for each file, but if you know how to do that it should be
straightforward to modify.

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(defun glob-follow (path)
  (interactive)
  (let ((files (directory-files-recursively "." path)))
    (if (= 1 (length files))
        (find-file (car files))
      (pop-to-buffer (get-buffer-create "*org-glob*"))
      (erase-buffer)
      (org-mode)
      (insert
       (cl-loop for file in files concat
                (format "[[./%s]]\n" (file-relative-name file ".")))))))

(org-link-set-parameters
 "glob"
 :follow 'glob-follow)
#+END_SRC