Re: [O] org-utf-to-xetex - Teach Org-Mode And XeTeX How To Handle Non-La

From: Grant Rettke
Subject: Re: [O] org-utf-to-xetex - Teach Org-Mode And XeTeX How To Handle Non-Latin Unicode Characters
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 13:13:28 -0500

On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 7:21 AM, Van L <address@hidden> wrote:

>> https://github.com/grettke/org-utf-to-xetex
>>
>> please share feedback.
>
> I’ve been meaning to try XeTeX in org-mode to
> create PDF from plaintex and latex.
>
>   https://orgmode.org/elpa.html
>
> Having followed the instructions above,
> how do I disable the builtin Emacs 26.1 Org Mode?

Usually the problem is that the version of Org-Mode distributed with
Emacs get's loaded before
the version that /you/ want loaded. A giveaway is when you call
org-version and emacs-version you see

Org-mode version 8.2.10 (this is on GNU Emacs 25.3.1).

The solution is to load Org-Mode 9 early on in your startup process.

> Then, which of the following to install?
>
>   org                9.1.13        available  gnu
>   org                20180625      available  org
>   org-edna           1.0beta6      available  gnu
>   org-plus-contrib   20180625      available  org

This package ought to work with any of them that are version 9 and above.

Tested it on Org mode version 9.1.13 (release_9.1.13-836-g58b512