[O] The + character creating strike-through markup within in-line litera

From: John Magolske
Subject: [O] The + character creating strike-through markup within in-line literal / code blocks
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2018 00:57:51 -0700

I'd like to enter some in-line literal code in an org document
covering OCaml. For example, in this:

    in the expression (x +. y) the +. is a function ...

to show in-line code as literal I tried:

    in the expression =(x +. y)= the =+.= is a function ...

being under the impression that bracketing text with = would enclose
everything within to be literal. But what's happening -- as evidenced
by syntax coloring -- is that the first and second + characters here
create a strike-through region from the middle of one literal region
to the middle of the other. With (setq org-hide-emphasis-markers t)
I'm seeing this:

    in the expression (x . y) the . is a function ...

The + is acting as a markup character, whereas when the above example
is entered like so:

: in the expression (x +. y) the +. is a function ...

it all shows up just fine with the + coming through as a literal
character.

Is there some way to get the + to show up as literal within in-line
sections enclosed by = or ~ ? I suppose I could do something like:

    in the expression src_ocaml{(a +. b)} the src_ocaml{(+.)} is a function ...

But was hoping to use the more succinct = or ~ syntax.

Also tried to remove strike-through emphasis altogether by commenting
out the strike-through section in org-emphasis-alist like so:

(setq org-emphasis-alist
      (quote
       (("*" bold)
        ("/" italic)
        ("_" underline)
        ("=" org-verbatim verbatim)
        ("~" org-code verbatim)
        ("+" nil)
        ;; ("+" (:strike-through t))
        )))

Then re-started Emacs, but am still having the above issues.

Thanks for any help,

John

--
John Magolske