Re: [O] Org mode in combination with emacs follow-mode is terrible

From: Gerald Wildgruber
Subject: Re: [O] Org mode in combination with emacs follow-mode is terrible
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2018 17:25:27 +0200

Thanks again; I'm always using the latest git checkout of emacs
(v.27, see my first posting).

On Mi, Jun 13 2018, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:

> I don't think there's an issue per se in the sense of bugs.  Org does
> much more processing of the text than does text mode so if you have 60k
> worth of text to process each time you type something, it's probably not
> surprising that there is a lag.  60k is a lot of text and I assume there
> are many headings etc.?

Yes, indeed, there are! Actually does this mean that emacs or org-mode
has to take into consideration every single bit of text in the visible
part buffer of the buffer, whenever I press a key? what needs to be
calculated by simple entering of text?

Gerald

--
Dr. Gerald Wildgruber
Institut für Philosophie, Literatur-, Wissenschafts- und Technikgeschichte