Re: [O] Bug: org-log-reschedule ignored when calling `org-agenda-do-date

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: org-log-reschedule ignored when calling `org-agenda-do-date-{later, earlier}` [9.1.13 (9.1.13-elpaplus @ ~/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20180521/)]
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 21:41:09 +0200

Hello,

Christian Schwarzgruber <address@hidden> writes:

> I have set `org-log-reschedule` to `'note`. When calling
> `org-agenda-do-date-later` or `org-agenda-do-date-earlier` in *Org Agenda*
> buffer, `org-log-reschedule` gets ignored.
>
> I would expect that *Org Note* buffer pops-up to insert a note.

I'm not sure it is a bug.

It's true that `org-agenda-do-date-later' may change a SCHEDULE
time-stamp, but the intent of the function is to "fix" a timestamp
without much pain. I.e., you are likely to call it many times in a row
to get the timestamp right. It would be annoying to write a note at each
step.

If you want proper rescheduling, I suggest to use `C-c C-s' and `C-c
C-d'.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou