Re: [O] Fix org-meta-return for checkbox lists

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Fix org-meta-return for checkbox lists
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 20:41:15 +0200

Hello,

Kaushal Modi <address@hidden> writes:

> Currently if you do M-RET in a checkbox list item, the next item does not
> become a checkbox automatically. This patch fixes that.
>
> I have been using this fix locally for few months. But never got to
> submitting it as I need to yet write a test for it.
>
> Does that patch look good (apart from missing tests). Should I format it
> w.r.t to next? or master?

IMO, there is nothing to fix. Inserting a checkbox in every item is not
mandatory.

Furthermore, currently, M-RET inserts a regular item and M-S-RET inserts
it with a checkbox. With your patch, both M-RET and M-S-RET do the same
thing, which is sub-optimal.

My vote is to keep the current behaviour.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou