Re: [O] Painfully Slow Export

From: Berry, Charles
Subject: Re: [O] Painfully Slow Export
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 21:07:53 +0000

> On Jun 12, 2018, at 12:41 PM, Ken Mankoff <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Hi Chuck,
>
> It looks fine to me. I see:
>
> Name: fig:foo
> Lang: python
> Properties:
>       :header-args    :eval never-export
>       :header-args:python     nil
> Header Arguments:
>       :cache          no
>       :eval           never-export
>       :exports        results
>       :hlines         no
>       :noweb          yes
>       :results        file replace
>       :session        discharge_ts
>       :tangle         no

And still the src blocks execute?

Try this. Use the following in an org buffer:

#+PROPERTY: header-args :eval never-export

#+begin_src emacs-lisp :exports results
"BBB"
#+end_src

#+RESULTS:
: AA

C-c C-c on the PROPERTY line and confirm as above that the header-args are
rightly set.

Then `C-c C-e C-b t A' should give a buffer like this:

,----
| AA
`----

Which you can see implies that the src-block did not run, but the results were
properly exported.

This works for me on a brand new copy of master (9.1.13).

If it fails for you, then you need to check your org setup.

If it succeeds, but exporting your file still fails then there has to be
something amiss in your file. I'd instrument `org-babel-execute-src-block' and
see what the line with `(org-babel-check-evaluate info)' returns. It should be
`nil'. If not you need to see what is in `info'.

HTH,

Chuck