Re: [O] No completion when querying for property value in capture templa

From: Jeremie Juste
Subject: Re: [O] No completion when querying for property value in capture template
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2018 17:21:15 +0200

Hello,

As far as I know it is not currently possible to get property
auto-completion from the property list of the file itself.

but you could still make use of the stock property in the template and
auto-complete
from there

For instance:

("T" "TEST" entry (file+headline"/tmp/test.org" "drill")
        "** TEST  \n :PROPERTIES:\n :Effort:
%^{prompt|0:10|0:20|0:30|1:00|2:00|3:00}\n :END: \n %^{PROMPT} " )

see the rest of the thread for more details
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2011-10/msg01339.html

Would  there be a way to for the capture template to read this info in the
future? For
instance to read the column format for the entire file like
#+COLUMNS: %25ITEM %TAGS %PRIORITY %TODO

HTH,

Jeremie