Re: [O] Babel problem: Output incomplete if it contains # character (onl

From: Berry, Charles
Subject: Re: [O] Babel problem: Output incomplete if it contains # character (only in session)
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2018 01:38:51 +0000

> On Jun 4, 2018, at 9:42 AM, Marian Schubert <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> I'm having trouble with babel block like this:
>

> #+BEGIN_SRC shell :results output :session abc
> echo foo#bar
> #+END_SRC
>
> When I execute it for the first time I get this result:
>
> #+RESULTS:
> :
> : foo#bar
>
> When I execute it again I get this:
>
> #+RESULTS:
> :
> : bar
>
> (foo# is missing)
>
> Any idea what might be wrong? I'm using version 9.1.13.

After running that I get this in the abc buffer for

        M-x describe-variable RET comint-prompt-regexp RET

,----
| comint-prompt-regexp is a variable defined in ‘comint.el’.
| Its value is "^[^#$%>
| ]*[#$%>] *"
| Local in buffer abc; global value is "^"
|
| Documentation:
| Regexp to recognize prompts in the inferior process.
| Defaults to "^", the null string at BOL.
|
| This variable is only used if the variable
| ‘comint-use-prompt-regexp’ is non-nil.
|
| Good choices:
|   Canonical Lisp: "^[^> \n]*>+:? *" (Lucid, franz, kcl, T, cscheme, oaklisp)
|   Lucid Common Lisp: "^\\(>\\|\\(->\\)+\\) *"
|   franz: "^\\(->\\|<[0-9]*>:\\) *"
|   kcl: "^>+ *"
|   shell: "^[^#$%>\n]*[#$%>] *"
|   T: "^>+ *"
|
| This is a good thing to set in mode hooks.
|
| [back]
`----

The first hash is not recognized as a prompt, but the rest are.

If you really need to use the hash, then running

: (set-local comint-prompt-regexp "^[^$%>\n]*[$%>] *")

in the `abc' buffer might help.

This has obvious problems if you run as root and do not reset the prompt to
something other than #.

HTH,

Chuck