Re: [O] C++ is not accepted for SRC block evaluation

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] C++ is not accepted for SRC block evaluation
Date: Sun, 27 May 2018 23:09:23 +0200

Aaron Ecay <address@hidden> writes:

> Is this right?  Even if the feature is provide-d by the file, the require
> in org-babel-do-load-languages will not find it (because the file name
> does not match).  C++ is not a valid choice for the variable AFAICT.  The
> customize interface makes that clear by not offering it as an option, but
> if the variable is customized outside of customize (so to speak...) chaos
> reigns...

You are right, the change is not sufficient, although it doesn't make
things worse. We could modify `org-babel-load-languages' defcustom and
add lines:

   (const :tag "C++" C)
   (const :tag "D" C)

which would do the job from Customize, but not for a user changing the
variable outside it, as you point out.

We probably need to implement a mapping between languages symbols and
files and use it in `org-babel-do-load-languages'. The implicit mapping
it uses currently has shortcomings.

We could also leave it like this (even with my patch reverted), and
document it somehow. Maybe a third column per language in (info "(org)
Languages") to hold the file name.

WDYT?