Re: [O] RFC: Proposal for an Org Special Block for ox-html

From: Aaron Ecay
Subject: Re: [O] RFC: Proposal for an Org Special Block for ox-html
Date: Thu, 24 May 2018 19:36:34 +0100

Hi Kaushal,

2018ko maiatzak 24an, Kaushal Modi-ek idatzi zuen:

> HTML allows multi-paragraph summaries.. (see my test link above). Expanding
> on your idea.. what if we had another Special block with name summary?

I wasnʼt thinking about multiparagraph summaries.  But actually, I
realize that your suggestion in response would work with only one small
change to a variable in ox-html.  Specifically, the following document
already yields the desired behavior with vanilla org (both giving the
proper behavior in html5, and having a fallback for earlier versions):

=====
* setup
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (add-to-list 'org-html-html5-elements "details")
  (add-to-list 'org-html-html5-elements "summary")
  (setq-local org-html-html5-fancy t)
  (setq-local org-html-doctype "html5")
#+end_src

* subtree
#+begin_details
#+begin_summary
Open for details

More summary.
#+end_summary
Many details here.
#+end_details
=====

Assuming there are no objections, we could make this tweak to
‘org-html-html5-elements’ in org core.  I think “syntactic sugar” like
your original proposal could be implemented as a before-parsing-hook
that transforms the --- into the above syntax.

Aaron

PS Once upon a time, I created ox-extras in contrib as a home for little
snippets like this hypothetical before-parsing-hook.  It never really
took off, but maybe itʼs just biding its time...

--
Aaron Ecay