Re: [O] General advice beyond Org

From: S. Champailler
Subject: Re: [O] General advice beyond Org
Date: Fri, 18 May 2018 13:10:29 +0200 (CEST)

This is a super wise advice :

>> Be a scout in the proprietary camp. Learn the tools your instructors are
>> willing to teach. Learn what it takes to achieve the same results with free
>> software. Learn the difference in workflows and user experience.

Comparing stuff in scenarios you don't invent yourself is super enlightening.
Once you don't define the scenario, all sorts of edge/unexpected situations
arise.

For example, if you work with math stuff, I'm sure you'll find interesting
differences between computations results (e.g. matlab equations solving versus
say Octave).

stF