[O] Exporting ODT to Org [was Re: General advice beyond Org]

From: edgar
Subject: [O] Exporting ODT to Org [was Re: General advice beyond Org]
Date: Sun, 20 May 2018 19:34:23 +0000

Message: 4
Date: Sun, 20 May 2018 10:08:46 +0200
From: <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: Re: General advice beyond Org

On Sat, May 19, 2018 at 06:24:49PM -0700, Samuel Wales wrote:
perhaps we can start thinking about improving registration between formats?

This resonates with some vague ideas that keep haunting some
dark corners of my mind:

it isn't generally possible to convert "Word" [1] into Org. But what
if that "Word" is just a slight modification of something which has
been transformed from an Org document we know?

Of course, augmenting that with "pockets" where to stash meta-information which might get lost on round-trip would be even more interesting. Perhaps those pockets are external, tied to some (possibly change-resistant) hash
made of enough context.

Did I say dark corners?

Cheers

Makes me feel lucky of being able to tie my laces! :D .

ONLY AT VFEmail! - Use our Metadata Mitigator to keep your email out of the
NSA's hands!
$24.95 ONETIME Lifetime accounts with Privacy Features! 15GB disk! No bandwidth quotas! Commercial and Bulk Mail Options!