Re: [O] Link "bracket-types"

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] Link "bracket-types"
Date: Thu, 10 May 2018 16:29:55 +0200

Hi Nicolas

On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 3:33 PM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:

> Sorry for being dense, but I still don't get it.

I can not claim to have been clear enough, hope to make it clearer below.

> When using non-Org tools, the solution doesn't belong to Org, does it?
> I mean, we are talking about fontification in Emacs Org mode. Tweaking
> it will not change the output of these other tools.

Agreed.

> This is probably obvious to you, but again, this is a genuine question:
> how would you use /in Org/ the information about the brackets
> surrounding the link? A concrete example would probably help.

Only when I can see the brackets of case 3 in Org rendered as
: [[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filter]]
I know that I can change it to
: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filter
for a cleaner view in non-Org tools.

For case 1 I still prefer to see only the link description because I
prefer to hide a too disturbing URL part most of the times. My example
for case 1 is only artificial and my actual descriptions will be such
that it can not be confused with case 2.

I hope the previously described idea of a third value for
org-descriptive-links or something similar makes some sense.

Michael