Re: [O] Orgalist notes

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] Orgalist notes
Date: Sat, 05 May 2018 16:55:09 -0700

> Hello,
>
> Gregor Zattler <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi Eric, orgalist users,
>> * Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> [2018-05-03; 23:45]:
>>> Huh! I tried the exact same typing as you've done above, and the third
>>>      item wraps into a fourth item. I expect it will be some interaction
>>>      with other minor modes. I've got:
>>
>> I have the very same problems with unstoppable indentation in
>>   orgalist and I don't think it is an interaction with other
>>   minor modes, because it hits even with no configuration.  Do:
>>
>> emacs25 -Q  --debug-init  -l
>> /home/grfz/.emacs.d/elpa-27.0/orgalist-1.3/orgalist.el   -f compose-mail
>> --eval "(progn (orgalist-mode t) (end-of-buffer) (newline) (newline))"
>>
>> (you'll have to adjust the path to your orglist.el)
>>
>> and hit RETURN in the newly created emacs frame and this last new
>>     line will be indented.
>>

>> I also tested with a freshly build emacs from the master branch
>>   and it showed the same behaviour.
>
> Indeed. When I tried make Orgalist mode fair with other minor modes and
> switched to using advices, I encountered a few unexpected hiccups, most
> notably bug#31361, which is responsible for some erratic indentation.
>
> I eventually worked around it, and just updated Orgalist. It should be
> available on ELPA toworrow. Hopefully, thing will become a bit smoother.
>
> Thank you for the reports.
>
> Regards,

And, as always, thank you! This is fairly heroic work -- I say that
after having made an attempt at orgstruct-mode, and run away screaming.
And look, no funny indentation!

- Yet a list item with a ridiculous amount of text in it does not wrap
  into a second list item.
- Neither does the second list item, despite having an equivalent amount
  of spurious typing in it.

- And before I get tired of the experiment, here's the same thing with
 a numbered list.
- Oh damn, I hit M-RET, and the numbered list turned into an unnumbered
  list.

No good deed goes unpunished :)