Re: [O] [POLL] Should Org tempo be enabled by default? (expand templates

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] [POLL] Should Org tempo be enabled by default? (expand templates thru e.g. "<s[TAB]")
Date: Sat, 05 May 2018 19:17:55 +0200

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Tim,
>
> thanks for your thorough and balanced feedback.
>
> Tim Cross <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> There is no solution which will make everyone happy. However, as a long
>> term org user who hopes to continue using org for many more years, I
>> tend to come down on the side of whatever will make org easier to
>> maintain in the long term.
>
> For org-tempo, Rasmus wrote it so I'm inclined to listen quite
> carefully at his opinion.

Please don’t.  I have not really made any policy decisions of sort.  I
only missed "<s" once it was cleaned away, and I only "improved/changed"
"C-c C-," to better suit my taste.  I am not a designer, I just type on my
keyboard until it "stuff" works again...

Anyhow, my general opinion on these matters is that I wouldn’t want to
remove any batteries.  I like included batteries...

> In fact, I'm inclined to ask the real question: if org-tempo is on by
> default, who will have good reasons to turn it off and why?

I certainly won’t be :)

Rasmus

--
However beautiful the theory, one should occasionally look at the evidence