Re: [O] Orgalist notes

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Orgalist notes
Date: Sat, 05 May 2018 14:50:23 +0200

Hello,

Gregor Zattler <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Eric, orgalist users,
> * Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> [2018-05-03; 23:45]:
>> Huh! I tried the exact same typing as you've done above, and the third
>>      item wraps into a fourth item. I expect it will be some interaction
>>      with other minor modes. I've got:
>
> I have the very same problems with unstoppable indentation in
>   orgalist and I don't think it is an interaction with other
>   minor modes, because it hits even with no configuration.  Do:
>
> emacs25 -Q  --debug-init  -l
> /home/grfz/.emacs.d/elpa-27.0/orgalist-1.3/orgalist.el   -f compose-mail
> --eval "(progn (orgalist-mode t) (end-of-buffer) (newline) (newline))"
>
> (you'll have to adjust the path to your orglist.el)
>
> and hit RETURN in the newly created emacs frame and this last new
>     line will be indented.
>

> I also tested with a freshly build emacs from the master branch
>   and it showed the same behaviour.

Indeed. When I tried make Orgalist mode fair with other minor modes and
switched to using advices, I encountered a few unexpected hiccups, most
notably bug#31361, which is responsible for some erratic indentation.

I eventually worked around it, and just updated Orgalist. It should be
available on ELPA toworrow. Hopefully, thing will become a bit smoother.

Thank you for the reports.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou