Re: [O] Missing `Specific Header Arguments' in Manual

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [O] Missing `Specific Header Arguments' in Manual
Date: Tue, 01 May 2018 22:10:48 +0000

Hi Nicolas,

I ran into this issue too very recently when I wanted to search for ":eval". Details below.

On Tue, May 1, 2018 at 5:50 PM Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:

Yes, and it took me a long while to properly put all these arguments in
a logical place instead of having them piled on top of each other.

In the Org 9.1 version manual, it was possible to search ":eval" and find what I was looking for. In 9.2 manual, very few of the header arguments are documented with the colon prefix. So searching is not consistent any more.

I was able to do this earlier.. open Org Info manual, C-s :eval, keep on C-s as it found *all hits* in the manual. Now in 9.2, the only hits are in (org) Exporting Code Blocks, which is not very useful.

Can we prefix all the header arg references in the manual with ":" so that while searching, I can easily find the (org) Evaluating Code Blocks node? I was having trouble finding this node as "eval" is too generic of a string.. thankfully I remembered the "never-export" value, searched for that and found that node.

 You don't have to hunt them down. Within info, "i" then "header
argument". A half-decent completion mechanism will display all of them.

Thanks for that tip! I guess I need to use the "i" approach more often than the plain old C-s. But I confirm that with "i" followed by "header argument", it presents a nice list of all arguments in the Ivy interface.

Kaushal
--

Kaushal Modi