Re: [O] org-plus-contrib fails to compile

From: Glyn Millington
Subject: Re: [O] org-plus-contrib fails to compile
Date: Tue, 01 May 2018 19:23:07 +0100

Tim Cross <address@hidden> writes:

I found this will most often occur because you have org loaded before you try to do the upgrade. Basically, org gets confused because of having an already loaded version while trying to install a new version. I was seeing this quite often. Once I re-arranged by init file to ensure that I can do a package upgrade before org is loaded, all works fairly reliably. An easy way to 'fix' the problem is to just delete the org-plus-contrib directory from your ELPA directory, then restart emacs. Your emacs will probably downlload and install the package during startup. Just make sure your org setup comes after your package setup.

Thanks Tim and Bastien,

The 'fix' works - will check the sequence of events in init.el again.

with best wishes

Glyn