[O] bug#31273: 27.0.50; org: #+begin_right block is not exported correct

From: Dmitry Alexandrov
Subject: [O] bug#31273: 27.0.50; org: #+begin_right block is not exported correctly
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2018 17:53:24 +0300

Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
> Dmitry Alexandrov <address@hidden> writes:
>> with the latest Emacs from git master, exporting #+begin_right block
>> neither to HTML, nor to ODT (didn’t test other options) does not work
>> as expected, while this should be pretty possible with both.
>>
>> With HTML, as far as I can see, the problem is in that, so a CSS class
>> is named ‘org-right’:
>>
>>   .org-right  { margin-left: auto; margin-right: 0px;  text-align: right; }
>>

>> while in the HTML it is referenced as just ‘right’:

> ".org-right" is an internal CSS class for table alignment.
>
> OTOH, "#+begin_right" starts a special block that, as expected, create
> a "right" div.
>
> So, there is no issue here. You can either define "right" CSS, or
> (untested), try "#+begin_org-right".

Thank you for a response, #+begin_org-right block indeed works like a charm.

Now, I am not sure, whether am I supposed to use #+begin_org-center blocks
instead of #+begin_center too.

In fact, given that #+begin_center creates a .org-center div block, that is
centred by default CSS (and stylesheets of other formats), I found your answer
absolutely surprising.

I would be probably not alone on this feeling; see, for instance, Fabrice
Niessen’s Org mode syntax reference card [0], where (as far as I got it)
#+begin_right is presented as alignment tag for paragraphs rather than tables:

Centered text

#+begin_left
This text is \\
aligned to the left!
#+end_left

#+begin_center
This text is \\
centered!
#+end_center

#+begin_right
This text is \\
aligned to the right!
#+end_right

In a part for centring it is in accordance to (info "(org) Paragraphs"), which
says:

   If you would like to center some text, do it like this:
     #+BEGIN_CENTER
     Everything should be made as simple as possible, \\
     but not any simpler
     #+END_CENTER

[0] https://github.com/fniessen/refcard-org-mode