Re: [O] [POLL] Should Org tempo be enabled by default? (expand templates

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] [POLL] Should Org tempo be enabled by default? (expand templates thru e.g. "<s[TAB]")
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2018 07:40:53 -1000

Bastien writes:

I wish I'd be as optimistic as you are and assume every user reads ORG-NEWS! I seriously doubt a majority of users do. Those installing Org from ELPA cannot possibly know where to find ORG-NEWS, Org gives no indication where it lives: IOW, it's not even because users are
lazy or what.

Would it be difficult to add an ORG-NEWS option to the Documentation section of the Org drop-down menu? It's an interesting document.

Re: org tempo. I really appreciate all the work done to preserve backward compatibility with the expansion mechanism. I use Org for almost all my work nowadays and I hate to put my other work on hold to re-implement some Org mode functionality that I rely on.

That said, I didn't find the addition of (require org-tempo) to my configuration onerous. I admire the kind of thinking that simplifies in order to make complexity possible. Keep it up!

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye