Re: [O] Let org table support move region selected fields

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Let org table support move region selected fields
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2018 15:12:37 +0200

Hi,

stardiviner <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi, recently I realized that table rows/columns movement does not
> support region selection. Like following example.
>
> | a | b | c |
> | 1 | 2 | 3 |
> | 4 | 5 | 6 |
>
> When I use region select "5 | 6", and press "org-metaup [M-Up/Down]". It
> does not work as expected move "5 | 6" up. Seems this command does not
> region selection. Include "[M-Right/Left]" Is is possible to support
> region selection so that partial movement will be great!

You can use `org-table-copy-region' and `org-table-paste-rectangle'
to copy and paste cells from a table.

Moving to cells at the same time, either up/down/left/right is not
supported, you can only move one cell or row at a time, not a region.

To select multiple cells vertically, you might also want to check
C-x SPC.

HTH,

--
 Bastien