Re: [O] Alternatives to inlinetasks? [was: Problems created by inlinetas

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] Alternatives to inlinetasks? [was: Problems created by inlinetasks in agenda views]
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 09:01:46 -0700

Kaushal Modi <address@hidden> writes:

> On Mon, Apr 23, 2018, 5:35 PM Eric Abrahamsen
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>     Would there be any consideration for an inline syntax that looks
>     more
>     like a link? Personally, when I want inline TODOs, I want them
>     because
>     there's a particular chunk of text that I need to do something
>     with.
>     What about something that looks like:
>
>     In 2005 there were approximately [[TODO: Verify this; SCHEDULED:
>     <tomorrow>; :statistics:][4,500]] Confucius Institutes in
>     operation
>     worldwide.
>
> How would you distinguish between regular links and such inline TODO's
> when the "link" portion is hidden?

I guess I wouldn't, personally, I'd just use the agenda to interact with
the TODOs. But there could be a separate option allowing users to
control the visibility of inline TODOs independently.

I dunno, I was just throwing this out there :)

> Would footnotes serve better? (I'm not a consumer of inline todos
> (yet?) so consider this suggestion with a grain of salt :))

That's not a bad idea either! I do like links' ability to connect to a
specific run of text, but this would also work.

Eric