Re: [O] Alternatives to inlinetasks? [was: Problems created by inlinetas

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [O] Alternatives to inlinetasks? [was: Problems created by inlinetasks in agenda views]
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 18:03:15 +0200

On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 4:21 PM, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:
On Monday, 23 Apr 2018 at 15:50, address@hidden wrote:
> In fact, my use of inelintaks seems to me so basic (I faced the
> problem since my day 1 with org-mode) that maybe another solution that
> I overlooked would work for me.  I'll explain my problem in the hope
> that someone might be able to help.

From what you describe, inline tasks are indeed the way to go.  If/when
Nicolas proposes a different syntax, we may need to make changes to our
files, of course.

I would be interested to discuss a better solution.  It would be nice is list items could be TODO's, but I though long and har about this back when, and over allo those years, I could not think of anything that could be implemented with reasonable effort.

Carsten

Other solutions, e.g. drawers, are for different use cases that many of
us have solved by using inline tasks for what they weren't really
intended...

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.1.6-419-g52ba1a