Re: [O] [BUG] Org manual without correct org-version

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [BUG] Org manual without correct org-version
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2018 16:43:31 +0200

Vladimir Lomov <address@hidden> writes:

> Earlier there was "full" "git" version in Manual and I found it convenient
> (I read the manual from time to time to find how to do something in org)
> but now when I open Info with Org manual I'm a bit puzzled, it shows
> version 9.1 while Org from Emacs (I use Emacs from git) shows version
> 9.1.9 and that confuses me completely, which version is "fresh"?

Barring typos and rewording, Org 9.1.9 is expected to have the same
manual as 9.1.0, or 9.1.13. An Org 9.1 manual means it is accurate for
Org 9.1.9. There is nothing puzzling.

> I understand that, but on the other hand, when I/someone uses Org from
> git explicitly it would worth to show the "actual" version in Org Manual
> (as seen by Info). WDYT?

If you use Org from git, you know the manual is on par with HEAD. As
a developer, I don't need to know the "git" version in manual. I'm
curious: what information are you missing?