Re: [O] [ANN] ob-elvish: org-babel support for Elvish code

From: Diego Zamboni
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] ob-elvish: org-babel support for Elvish code
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2018 19:30:04 +0200

Hi,

My ob-elvish module has been working well for me, but I was thinking if the best would be to make ob-shell work with elvish instead of having a whole separate library for it. I tried adding “elvish” to org-babel-shell-names, and it seems to get recognized OK as a shell name, but execution of code blocks fails. I get an empty RESULTS block and the following messages:

executing Elvish code block...
Wrote /var/folders/h0/rh70xwd16913g_2lg0rx9_300320w3/T/babel-37847fAl/ob-input-37847AFC
Error reading results: (beginning-of-buffer)
Code block produced no output.

This happens even for really simple blocks, e.g.:

#+begin_src elvish
echo "hi"
#+end_src

Before I go looking in the code, I was wondering if anyone can tell if I’m missing anything obvious - I just added “elvish” to org-babel-shell-names. Since “fish” works fine, I assume a POSIX shell is not expected, but maybe there is something else that ob-shell is assuming?

Thanks!
—Diego