Re: [O] How to let ob-shell to download file and get result as a link to

From: Michael Welle
Subject: Re: [O] How to let ob-shell to download file and get result as a link to file?
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 20:06:21 +0200

Hello,

stardiviner <address@hidden> writes:

> I tried the following example:
>
> ```
>
> #+begin_src shell :mkdir yes :dir "data/tmp" :results file :file
> "crackzor_1.0.c.gz"
> wget -c "http://ben.akrin.com/crackzor/crackzor_1.0.c.gz";
> #+end_src
>
> #+RESULTS:
> [[file:data/tmp/crackzor_1.0.c.gz]]
> ```
>
> But the files is empty, I check out Org-mode document about `:file`
> header argument, seems org-babel will write result to `:file` specified
> file. I wander how I can handle upper case correctly? (don't write
> result to file, just insert a link to downloaded file as a result)
well, your above example would work, at least to a certain point, if you
let wget write its output to stdout:

#+begin_src sh :mkdir yes :dir "/tmp" :results file :file "crackzor_1.0.c.gz"
wget -c "http://ben.akrin.com/crackzor/crackzor_1.0.c.gz"; -O-
#+end_src

But I don't now know how to get the encoding right (I think that's the
problem). The zip file contains rubbish. What I would do instead is
something like this:

#+begin_src sh :mkdir yes :dir "/tmp" :results raw :var fn="crackzor_1.0.c.gz"
/usr/bin/wget -c "http://ben.akrin.com/crackzor/${fn}";
echo "[[file:/tmp/${fn}]]"
#+end_src

Regards