Re: [O] org-latex-image-default-width ignored

From: Julien Cubizolles
Subject: Re: [O] org-latex-image-default-width ignored
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 10:39:58 +0200

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sunday, 25 Mar 2018 at 09:52, Julien Cubizolles wrote:
>> Found the cause of the problem, my default configuration exports in
>> async mode, so this variable should be set in
>> org-export-async-init.el.
>>
>> Is there a way to have a variable set during export to avoid setting it
>> for all exports?
>
> I've never used the async export so I am not sure but maybe check out
> the #+bind: directive?

I tried

#+BIND: org-latex-image-default-width ".3\\linewidth"

with no success in async mode, but it works in synchronous mode. I guess
I'll avoid async mode for now on, or use a set of different
org-export-async-init.el files for different files.

Nevertheless I think it would make sense to have a way to set some
variables during async export. According to the Org Manual:

Emacs variables can become buffer-local during export by using the BIND
keyword.  Its syntax is ‘#+BIND: variable value’.  This is particularly
useful for in-buffer settings that cannot be changed using keywords.

But the options set using #+ keywords are used during async export while
those set using #+BIND are ignored. A "+BIND-ASYNC would come in handy.

Julien.