Re: [O] cautionary tale: avoid creating/using a macro called "title"

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [O] cautionary tale: avoid creating/using a macro called "title"
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 12:23:00 +0000

On Thu, Mar 22, 2018, 8:14 AM Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:

If I emacs -Q and make sure the load path points to the git version of
org, it doesn't work.  When I do so, I have

    Org mode version 9.1.6 (release_9.1.6-341-g3a4fd3 @ /home/ucecesf/git/org-mode/lisp/)

Org is probably getting loaded before you tweak the load paths. e.g. emacs -Q foo.org would do that. That version looks like the one that's on emacs-26/master branch of Emacs.

I had written a post to fix such issues and be able to specifically use Org (1) that ships with Emacs (2) from Elpa, or (3) from git.

Sorry if you have already read it and this sounds like spam: https://scripter.co/building-org-development-version/.
--

Kaushal Modi