Re: [O] cautionary tale: avoid creating/using a macro called "title"

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] cautionary tale: avoid creating/using a macro called "title"
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 12:12:58 +0000

On Thursday, 22 Mar 2018 at 10:43, Bastien wrote:
> I hate to suggest this, but could there be something wrong in your
> installation?

Hi Bastien,

don't hesitate at all to suggest this!  There's always that
possibility.  :-( I don't think I have a mixed installation although I'm
not sure how to verify this.

Now, the really interesting thing is that if I use emacs -Q and try
exporting the file with the version of org that comes with the latest
emacs snapshot,

   GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.29) of
2018-03-18, unofficial emacs-snapshot build: http://emacs.secretsauce.net

   Org mode version 9.1.6 (release_9.1.6-50-g96b33f @
/usr/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/org/)

the export works!

If I emacs -Q and make sure the load path points to the git version of
org, it doesn't work.  When I do so, I have

    Org mode version 9.1.6 (release_9.1.6-341-g3a4fd3 @
/home/ucecesf/git/org-mode/lisp/)

and git status says:

On branch master
Your branch is up to date with 'origin/master'.

nothing to commit, working tree clean

I do not understand why the org version is not 9.1.8.  What does your
say?

>> In any case, no worries as simply changing the macro name (& subsequent
>> use) to titlecontents or similar does the job.
>
> Well, even if the workaround works, I think we should prevent Org from
> crashing here.

Indeed, but I am stuck as to how to proceed.  Suggestions welcome, of
course!

Thanks,
eric

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.1.6-341-g3a4fd3