Re: [O] R output with session polluted with ascii color codes

From: William Denton
Subject: Re: [O] R output with session polluted with ascii color codes
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 14:55:19 -0400 (EDT)

On 16 March 2018, Tyler Smith wrote:

Thanks for checking. I should have mentioned that I'm running 27.0.50 with org 9.1.7 and ess 17.11. I see this problem with emacs -Q and regular emacs. If you're using the same versions and don't see this, then there should be something I can do in my config to fix it.

I think we're the same---Org says it's 9.1.6, but I just compiled it fresh from source five minutes ago, so it should be up to date. Not sure what's going on there. I recompiled Emacs from fresh source, too, and updated the ESS package (17.11, ELPA 20180314.612).

Anyway, I tried again, and there was still no problem in Emacs. That made me wonder if the difference was in R. When I run "as_tibble(iris)" in the R console in a terminal I don't get the ASCII colour codes, so maybe that's where the difference lies? I'm running R 3.4.2, compiled from source, on Ubuntu 17.10.

Is there an R user on the list who sees the coloured text in the R console and can try the example in Org?

#+BEGIN_SRC R :results output :session RSESSION
library(tidyr)
library(dplyr)
as_tibble(iris)
#+END_SRC

Bill
--
William Denton :: Toronto, Canada   ---   Listening to Art:
https://listeningtoart.org/