Re: [O] buffer-file-name in [* Org src *] buffers

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] buffer-file-name in [* Org src *] buffers
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 20:57:53 +0100

Hello,

Clément Pit-Claudel <address@hidden> writes:

> 1. Set buffer-offer-save to 'always; this guarantees that C-x s will ask
> about the edit buffer.
> 2. Add an entry to kill-buffer-query-functions.  For example, with-editor
> (used by magit) does this:
>    (add-hook 'kill-buffer-query-functions
>              'with-editor-kill-buffer-noop nil t)
>
> With these, we could leave buffer-file-name to nil.
>
> WDYT?

`buffer-offer-save' is already set to a non-nil value. See
`org-src-mode-configure-edit-buffer'.

> PS: point (1) shares an issue with the original implementation (it
> always prompts during save-some-buffers). One fix to this could be to
> add a buffer-modification-hook that marks the source buffer as modified
> when the edit buffer is modified, and to make change the source buffer's
> write-contents-functions to offer to save edit buffers too.

Right. Then we might as well use the second solution instead, and leave
out both `buffer-file-name' and `buffer-offer-save'.

So, would you want to implement it?

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou                                                0x80A93738