Re: [O] Export to LaTeX buffer

From: Hoffmann, Jobst
Subject: Re: [O] Export to LaTeX buffer
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 15:29:11 +0000

Am Montag, den 12.03.2018, 20:53 +0100 schrieb Nicolas Goaziou:
> "Hoffmann, Jobst" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I'm using Fedora with a packaged emacs and an .rpm package emacs-
> > commons, which contains beside other packages that I use the org
> > files
> > in a directory org.
> >
> > On the load path there comes org from git first, if I open an .org
> > file,
> >  "org-version" shows the current version number (Org mode version
> > 9.1.7
> > (release_9.1.7-506-g0de818 @ /path/to/my/installation) but "org-
> > latex-
> > export-as-latex" still doesn't work, it ends with the above
> > mentioned
> > error message.
> >
> > Do you have any idea how to get around that behavior?
>
> Have you run "make" from the Org repository? It could fix autoloads.

Yes, I even did a clean install:

git clone

and the commands as described in "Using Org’s git repository":

                        CURR_DIR=$(pwd)
                        # make test
                        make
                        make doc
                        make refcard
                        make config

                        printf "Only root can do this...\n"
                        sudo make --directory=${CURR_DIR} install

This is what the installation process said:

========= Emacs executable and Installation paths
EMACS   = emacs
DESTDIR =
ORGCM   = dirall
ORG_MAKE_DOC    = info html pdf
lispdir = /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org
infodir = /usr/share/info
datadir = /usr/share/emacs/etc/org
testdir = /tmp/tmp-orgtest
========= Additional files from contrib/lisp

========= Org version
make:  Org mode version 9.1.7 (release_9.1.7-516-gbc7b24.dirty =>
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org)

As there is no real error, I can't produce a backtrace, but I try to
follow the call chain of the uncompiled files - at the moment without
success.

I'm quite desperated, do you have an idea?

Best regards
Jobst
--
Prof. Dr. Jobst Hoffmann            Tel:   +49 (241) 6009-5 31 59
Fachhochschule Aachen Abt. Jülich   Fax:   +49 (241) 6009-5 31 89